Create an environmentally friendly, economic composting system with Greenes Composting Bins. These cedar bins allow you to turn household waste into a natural food for your lawn, garden, and flower beds. Simply layer greens (such as vegetable and fruit peelings, coffee grounds, tea bags, and grass clippings) and browns (such as eggshells, cardboard, corncobs, and cotton towels) and allow materials to begin to compost. The bins’ open design makes it easy to turn the pile every two to three weeks with a shovel or pitchfork to aerate the product and speed up the breakdown process. Depending on the climate and the mix of materials, your compost will be ready to use in 3 to 12 months. To keep a continuous supply, create a multi-bin system with our add-on kits; after one bin is full and the materials have begun to break down, simply move them to the next bin and begin the process again in the first bin. A three-bin system will keep the process moving seamlessly. Greenes composting bins is available in 36" X 36" X 31" / 23.25 cubic feet include 4 posts, 28 boards, and 48 spacers. Cover with a tarp or plywood (not included) if desired.
- Made from North American Cedar
- Naturally rot- and insect-resistant
- Assembles easily with only a mallet
- Easy to add new material and remove finished product
- Drains excess moisture better than compost tumblers
- Forms a two- or three-bin composting system with purchase of Greenes add-on kits